Background

Sunday, November 6, 2011

I am grateful for today!

I am grateful that today is the Sabbath. I get to go to church for 3 hours and then spend the rest of the day with my sweet Jonathan. At church, I get to teach the 12 and 13 year olds about the amazing men who have led our church. It has been so helpful to me as I face challenges to know that others have been standing up for the same things that I currently am. Today, the lesson is based on a famous quote by Spencer W. Kimball given in 1974. "I wonder if we're doing all we can. Are we prepared to lengthen our stride?" 


I've been thinking about this quote on and off all this week. I know that I have been falling short of doing what I can a lot lately. I allow my self to get distracted by little things rather than focus in on the important. This week of writing down the things I'm grateful for has been so helpful to me. It's helping me realize just how blessed I am at this time in my life. I want to keep this attitude of gratitude all year long. That is a major goal of mine. Hopefully I'll be able to see things to be grateful for without having to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...