Background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I am grateful for the faith of my fathers (and mothers too)

I love Sunday. I get to go to church and learn and teach and sing for 3 hours. Today was a special day because the children presented their Primary Program. They work all year long and this year was about the importance of the scriptures. It was so wonderful to listen to the songs and lessons we can learn from the scriptures. Not only do we learn about Christ and prophets, but we can learn to be better people. We can read the stories and see how we can follow the good examples there.
I am so grateful that I was raised in a home that read the scriptures. This didn't happen by accident either. Both of my parents were raised in homes that read the scriptures. When Jonathan and I have children, they will know the scriptures.
I don't know what kind of person I would be if I didn't have the scriptures in my life. However, I do know that I wouldn't have the same perspective and subsequently the same goals. I feel like I can handle whatever challenges will come my way because I know that our Heavenly Father will help me. That help can come in various ways, but it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...