Background

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I am grateful for the beauty of the earth.

We live in such a beautiful world. It is remarkable just how much beauty there is around us. A few nights ago, I was walking to my car after class and I saw the most incredible sunset. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was. It was a breathtaking sight. I'm going to share some words from one of my favorite church children's songs.


Whenever I hear the song of a bird 
Or look at the blue, blue sky, 
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
 Or the wind as it rushes by, 
Whenever I touch a velvet rose 
Or walk by our lilac tree, 
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world 
Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see 
The color of butterfly wings.
 He gave me my ears that I might hear 
The magical sound of things. 
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart: 
I thank him reverently
 For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
 Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

I know that this world was created for you and me. It is so beautiful and diverse. I hope that you can see all the beauty around you too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...