Background

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Day for Mothers

Mothers are an amazing group of women. They focus all of their time and energy on a dependent little person in order to prepare them to be men and women. Their job is priceless and so their salary isn't paid in money, rather in slobbery kisses, big bear hugs, siblings helping each other, catching a glimpse of your little boy becoming a man. Motherhood is an amazing blessing.

via
I am not yet a mother, but I have seen my older sisters become mothers. It is such a wonderful and ennobling change that happens. I was in the delivery room when the sister I grew up with became a mother. I remember the change that came over her when Garrett was first given to her. She was already in love with her little baby boy. It was such a beautiful sight.


"You are magnificent! The very fact that you have been given this responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust Father in Heaven has in you. He is blessing and will bless you especially when your days and your nights will be the most challenging."

via
I am so grateful that Jonathan and I have mothers that understood the importance of their calling. I am so grateful for my own mother. My parents were content with their little family of three children until my mom was sitting at a church meeting. She realized that I was waiting to join the family. I am so grateful that she was able to understand that she wasn't quite done with having children.

This last video defines who a mother really is.



                                            I know that Sister Sheri Dew is speaking the truth.



I have not yet had a child, but I know that I am a mother. I have been an aunt for eight and half years. (That makes me feel rather old. Ryan, stop growing!) Over that time, I have had the opportunity to learn more about love. These kids do crazy things and sometimes can be annoying, but I love them anyway. I see my nieces (I still can't believe that I actually have nieces!) and my nephews as my own children. I love each one of them so much and can't remember what life was like without them. I love being an aunt. It is such a wonderful blessing for me. They have helped me so much. I owe my strong desire to be a mother to them. I knew that was something that I wanted, but now that is all that I want. I look forward to celebrating Mother's day as a mother with a child, but until then I will continue to celebrate as a blessed aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...