Background

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Two Years Ago...

Two years ago, there was this guy that I knew who really liked me and wanted to date me. I liked him just fine, but I wasn't sure if I wanted anything more than just a friend. Luckily for that guy, I was researching for a lesson and I read that girls need to go out with a guy once before they should decline any more dates. I knew that sooner or later I would get a phone call from him and sure enough, it came on May 18th. I was never around my phone at that time and so this guy left a message saying he had a question for me (his mom taught him to never ever ask a girl out on a message). Now that really puzzled me and so I called him back. No answer. I didn't really care and went on with my evening. He called back around 8:30pm. He just wanted to see if I wanted some ice cream. I agreed to go with him and quickly got ready to go. He picked me up and we went to Big Spoon. It was a rather chilly evening so we sat near the fire pit. We ended up talking for 2 or 3 hours. He then took me home and gave me an awkward one-armed hug and left. I didn't realize at the time that I was going to marry that man in less than one year.

I love the story of how we ended up together. I think it's really funny. Anyways, I decided that we needed to do something special for the anniversary of our first date. So, we planned on going out on our first date all over again! (I completely forgot that we did this exact same thing last year. Sorry honey!)

It started out with an awkward message on my phone and then we planned on going out a 9.


We had way too much fun pretending that it was really our first date. We did the usual chitchat and had a hard time not holding hands. We sat around the fire pit and did a little more pretending, but then it was just too much.
Lounging as we enjoyed our frozen yogurt.


I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband that takes such good care of me. I love all of our silliness and the time that we get to spend together.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...