Background

Saturday, May 5, 2012

21 Days to Happiness

I enjoy reading blogs. I like seeing their projects and reading their thoughts on various things. I read a post that talked about how mixed up our ideas of success and happiness are. We often say to ourselves we will be happy when we (fill in the blank). The problem with that is once we achieve or accomplish that goal, we raise the bar. There is always something to improve on so our happiness is never really attainable. So, we need to flip things around. We need to be happy and then it will be easier to be successful. The way to help yourself be happier is to write down three things you are grateful for every day. It's that easy! (You can read the whole post here.)

I look back at my life the past few years, and I see myself falling into that pattern. I feel bad that I have been so focused on something I want to have or do that I haven't allowed myself to be happy with where I am right now. During November, I shared something I was grateful for each day. I was happy and more content with all of the wonderful blessings I enjoy daily. Recently, I haven't been looking for things to be grateful for as frequently, and I can feel the difference.

I want to be happier, and so I am doing the 21 Days to Happiness Challenge! I know that this will help me find joy in the world around me as I work toward my long term goals. If anyone feels like they are lacking in happiness, the I encourage you to take the Challenge as well!

Here are three things I am grateful for today:

Dirty Dishes (Here's why)

 Cute pictures of my husband as a boy and as an adult.
(He was such a cute little guy!)

 For my friendship with cute Mercedes.
(Isn't broccoli hilarious!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...