Background

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Babysitting or Playtime?

 On Monday night, I got to babysit Mercedes. I've done it a few times before, so I knew what to expect. Mackenzie will already have Mercedes in bed and make sure the baby monitor is on. Then I read or watch tv for the next few hours while Mercedes sleeps. This time it started out the same way, but it certainly didn't stay that way.

After everyone left, Mercedes woke up crying. I went in to check on her a little worried about what her reaction would be when she realized that I wasn't her mother. She didn't even care! (Usually she gets more upset and will try to push you away.) She was just happy to see that someone came in. Mercedes was ready to play and not sleep. But, it was bed time so I got her some milk and hoped that she would be able to relax and fall back asleep.

That is not a tired girl!


Yeah, that didn't work for very long. I went back into her room and this time she was convinced that I wasn't the only person in the house. So, Mercedes wandered around the house and then was a little worried that her parents really weren't there. I quickly distracted her by turning on Elmo's World (the only part of Sesame Street that she likes to watch). I was hoping by the time we finished that she would be ready to go back to bed. I was wrong! She just wanted to keep playing!

After she went to the bathroom, I put her pjs on my head and
she thought it was so silly that she had to try it too!
Searching for treasure in my backpack.
We played with Bunny and were being all kinds of silly! Finally we got rid of enough extra energy that it was time to go back to bed. So, we got milk, Bunny, and her pj bottoms and headed back to bed. We had just a few more giggles and then I left Mercedes to fall asleep.

I had so much fun taking care of her! Ever since my oldest brother moved away, it seems like I don't babysit as much as I used to. (Yes, I know I just jinxed myself and will now be babysitting my nieces and nephews every single night!) I am so grateful that Mercedes likes me. Some day soon, she'll even like Jonathan! (They are getting closer every time she sees him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...