Background

Friday, March 23, 2018

Faith - the Choice is Yours

Whenever I workout, I listen to General Conference talks. I listen to them a few times so I can focus on the message in each talk and how it applies to me.


I am currently listening to the talks from the October 2010 General Conference. I can see that these men were aware of the way the world was going before it happened. Earlier this week I was listening to the talk given by Bishop Richard C. Edgley. It is powerful and I wanted to share part of it.

"When the disciples asked Jesus why they could not cast a devil out as they had just witnessed the Savior do, Jesus answered, 'If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove' (Matthew 17:20). I have never witnessed the removal of an actual mountain. But because of faith I have seen a mountain of doubt and despair removed and replaced with hope and optimism. Because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of sin replaced with repentance and forgiveness. And because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of pain replaced with peace, hope, and gratitude. Yes, I have seen mountains removed."

I'm with him. I've never seen an actual, physical mountain moved, but I have seen other very real mountains removed. When Jonathan was laid-off, I was at the foot of a mountain of anxiety and fear. I knew that I didn't actually have to climb that mountain and I studied about people in the scriptures who faced fear and allowed the Lord to quiet the fear. I followed their example and that mountain was removed. We all have mountains and some have to be climbed, but some can be removed through faith.

Here is a video of the entire talk. I invite you to listen to it and apply faith in your life as you face your own mountains.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...