Background

Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Year In Review

Another year has come and gone, though it feels like this year went a bit faster than most. Here are some highlights from the year.


Surprise, surprise. Our year started out at the Salt Lake temple.


My very own desk at work while our office was still in Orem.


We explored Park City.


I helped Jonathan find his own family names to take to the temple.


Back in February, Jonathan and I were sick for about three weeks.



In March, the company I work for moved it's office to Lehi.


In April, the wind kicked up so much dirt in the air that it was raining mud!


We went to a UVU baseball game.


We had a small Cinco de Mayo celebration.


For Memorial Day, we found the graves of our ancestors.


My least favorite day of the entire year. The day the apartment turns on the swamp cooler.


We saw fireflies for the first time!


We went to the Manti Temple Pageant


We went shooting on the farm in Idaho for the 4th of July.


We spent time exploring BYU with Tyler.


I searched for my cousin, Elder Van Matre.


We went to Promontory to see where the transcontinental railroad met... 


and stumble onto ATK where they build the rocket boosters for the space shuttles.


We visited the University of Utah.


We visited the mine my great-great grandfather worked at when he first moved to Utah.


We got a new nephew in the summer. Theodore Nelson.


We went to a CRAZY good BYU game against Boise State.


I got to see Stephanie Nielson speak. (It was amazing!)


We finally made it to the Ogden Temple.


We saw Abby kill it!


We went to a Spanish fireside where Elder Christofferson spoke in Spanish. (Also Jonathan shaved his beard. I think I'm still recovering from that. I LOVE the beard!)


We played in California with all of the Pattersons!


We went to a crazy good UVU basketball game against Weber State. UVU won after the game went to double overtime!


We had a wet visit when we saw the lights at Temple Square.


Our apartment was toasty with our pixel fire.


It has already snowed more times this winter than last winter. I'm dreaming of wet California winters.


We got a second new nephew just before Christmas. Spencer Wadman.


We had a merry little Christmas in Idaho. We weren't sure if the weather was going to cooperate, but thankfully it did!


It was maybe 4 degrees in Idaho. It made me happy when we got back to the toasty 20 degree weather in Utah. (You can see why I really miss California!)

We had a good year. Jonathan's getting closer to being done with school and I have a great job. We still love being in nursery and get nervous anytime the bishop or Relief Society president talks to us. (Luckily the Relief Society president has a daughter in nursery and she loves having us there!) We look forward to seeing what the new year brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...