Background

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Month of Gratitude

It's November, which is the month I (try to) post something I'm grateful for everyday. I didn't make if very far last year, but this is a new year!

I am grateful that this post is coming from California. My dad was made the bishop of his ward (or congregation) today. I am grateful that I have a father that teaches by example. I don't remember him sitting us down to teach us very often, but I remember him always doing something (usually with the Scouts). He accepted every calling that was extended to him and did them to the best of his abilities. In just the last few years, he was taught how to do them better and he did everything he could to follow that counsel. He taught me that it is better to be humble and do things the right way today rather than focus on how things were done in the past. I know that he's going to be doing a lot more learning as a bishop and I can't wait to see what else he teaches me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...