Background

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My Equal

I am grateful that Jonathan and I are equals. Just over a week ago, Jonathan was telling someone from our congregation about how we started dating and realized our age difference. It's not that he forgot (because he loves how much younger I am), he instead focuses on us. He truly lifts me up.


I love the proverb Sister Linda K. Burton quoted in her talk from General Conference this past April. Through our marriage, we have had many set backs and heartbreaking disappointments. They could have destroyed our marriage, but they haven't because we stuck together. One habit that I feel has protected us, is our consistency with temple attendance. We still went through all of these difficult experiences, but going to the temple has brought us reassurance that we are doing what we need to do. I don't know what is in store for us, but as long as I have Jonathan at my side it will all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...