Background

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Primary

I am grateful for my primary teachers when I was growing up. They spent week after week, preparing our Sunday lessons. I remember one of my teachers dropped off cookies for me because she thought I was allergic to chocolate chip cookies because I never took them in class. I just didn't like them, but she made me feel loved and important. Honestly, I don't remember most of the lessons they taught, but I remember the interest they each took in me and the boys in my class. I understand them so much better now that I am teaching nursery. I know these kids won't remember me or much of what we teach them as they grow older, but I will remember them. I will remember how they started singing along with us during singing time. I will remember them flailing on the floor because the lesson went too long for their attention span. I will remember them saying thank you without being prompted when we pass out their snack. I am doing a small part of the many years they will have in church. I am grateful that I can follow the example of my primary teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...