Background

Friday, November 29, 2013

The Best Book

I am grateful for the scriptures. It's such a blessing to have them. There are so many stories of faithful men and women facing challenges and through the Lord make it. There is a power that is in this book that can help us grow and better understand God and ourselves. One of my all time favorite scriptures is Leviticus 3:12-13. After listing all of the temporal blessings for keeping the commandments it says

"And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
I am the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yolk, and made you go upright."

I know that this is true. If we keep the commandments, we can have a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father. He can lighten the yolks we carry with us. Whether it's from braking the commandments or emotional or physical pain. He will always be there with us through these experiences. The scriptures help remind us of His perfect love for us. I am so grateful for this wonderful book and those that wrote it, protected it, and translated it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...