Background

Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm Grateful That I Can Catch Up

I was really busy this weekend, so instead of doing three separate posts at once I'll share three things I'm grateful for at once.


I am grateful for a healthy body. I do have a few minor problems every now and then like passing out and hurting my back (both of which I did in the past week), but overall I have a strong and healthy body. I have used my body to fulfill the purpose of having it. I have participated in all of the ordinances necessary to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. I have made all of the necessary covenants that can only be made in a mortal body.


I now have the opportunity to use that healthy body for others. I get to go to the temple and participate in the ordinances for those who were on the earth and didn't have the opportunity to do it for themselves. 

I also will one day have the opportunity to use my body to grow another body, so that another child of God can use their own body to participate in all of the same ordinances.

I realized a few months ago that I don't need my body anymore, but there are others that need me to use it for them. I am grateful that I can use my body to be of service to other people and that my health allows me to share myself.


I am grateful for quality time with Jonathan. Jonathan and I have very busy schedules between work, school, church, and family that sometimes it feels like I haven't seen him in weeks. Sure we live together, but sometimes we don't spend enough quality time together. Last night, we were planning on spending time with our extended family, but it didn't happen. We instead just had a quiet afternoon and evening and it was lovely. We watched old Disney movies and played some games and just enjoyed being with each other. I love being married to my best friend. Sometimes when life gets crazy, I forget how grateful I am for my sweet Jonathan.


I am grateful that I have the opportunity to go to school. There are times when it doesn't feel like a blessing, like when everything is due all at the same time. I am grateful that I have this time in my life to expand my mind and learn. I really need to have a more grateful attitude about being in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...