Background

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I Am Grateful for the Temple

I know that I share my feelings about the temple a lot, but this one is different trust me.


On Halloween night, Jonathan and I went to the temple. We tried getting there early enough to do a session, but that didn't happen. We were flexible and did some sealings. As we were approaching the sealing room, I recognized one of the voices. We entered the room and sure enough, it was my mom's cousin Wally! He was the man who seal Jonathan and I almost two years ago. (I can't believe it's been that long!)

We were the only couple in the room so we did quite a few sealings and every so often we would take small breaks. We were on our last one for the night (a French couple) and about halfway through I could tell I was going to faint. I decided to be stubborn and push through since we were almost done. (Not the best idea I've had in my life.) My head involuntarily jerked forward and I couldn't keep my eyes open, but I forced my head back up. Ha! I was going to make it! Not two seconds later I was out.

I completely blacked out. My mind was somewhere else and I started relaxing and then suddenly I opened my eyes and I completely forgot that I was still at the temple! I quickly jerked up and knelt on my knees (another not so good idea) and Jonathan started telling me that I passed out. Thankfully we did finish up that final sealing and as soon as I started falling over Jonathan caught me.

I am grateful that Jonathan was there and quickly figured out what was happening. This was his first time seeing me pass out (he's been waiting for this day to come) and he took such good care of me. After a while, Jonathan helped me over to the couch and the temple president came in to see how I was doing. It turns out that he used to be a cardiologist and so I was in very good hands. He asked me a few questions, checked my blood pressure, and then left us in the sealing room. Another sealer walked into the room and then showed me the proper way for a woman to kneel during sealings. Apparently women's legs are not as good at circulating the blood that travels down our legs back up, so we need to flex our calves every so often to keep the blood flowing.

I am grateful for this experience. I am grateful that after all this time, Jonathan has finally seen me pass out and was able to stay calm while he took care of me. I am grateful that I could trust strangers to take care of me and know that they were truly concerned for me. I am grateful that my body has limits and that I am able to learn when to push them and when to lay down and rest. Let's just hope I don't need to be reminded again any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...