Background

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Any Given Thursday

Jonathan and I have a very predictable routine on Thursdays during this past semester. It took us a while to figure it out (like sometime in March), but we did it. We would start our day out at the temple.


We would occasionally have lunch at Chipotle.

We were definitely the best dressed people there!
Then Jonathan would head off to school while I did laundry at my parent's house.


Our routine worked very nicely. Now that school is out we decided to make some adjustments to our normal routine. We went on a day trip down to the Oakland Temple.

Our check off list! (The oil cap refers to our first trip to SF.)

On the road!
This was the first time I've been since I was about 15 or so. It is a HUGE temple!!! We may or may not have gotten lost 3 or 4 times while we were inside. (It's hard not to!) It is a beautiful temple and so very different from the Sacramento Temple with how it looks, but everything else was exactly the same.


At one point while we were in the temple, an cute old man was helping me and I got a little emotional. The reason why is because my grandma and grandpa Machen were temple workers there at the Oakland Temple and that man reminded me of my grandpa. It's not that he looked like my grandpa or anything like that, but he was using his time to be at the temple. My grandpa was an amazing man and he could do absolutely anything he put his mind to. (He even married a girl that said no to his first two proposals. True story!) My grandpa died when I was only 7 months old, so all I have are stories about him. I love that I can go to the temple and feel close to him.


After getting lost one final time, we decided that we had to get some food. We weren't too sure where anything was, so Jonathan did a quick search on his phone and we decided to go to Judy's Burgers. It was in the ghetto, but the burgers were GREAT!!! Jonathan's one complaint was that they had just rinsed off the lettuce and so that made the burger drippy and a little soggy. (Yeah, he's a burger connoisseur...)



The view from the roof.
We then headed off to the city!

Coming in on the Bay Bridge.
We made it into the city!

The first thing we had to do was get crab sandwiches! So, we headed down to the Piers and get sandwiches for us and for my family. (No matter who goes into the city, we always get each other sandwiches. They're that good!) We still had some time before we would need to pay for parking, so we decided to look at some of the boats that were docked.

Yeah, I pretend to be a real photographer!
The water was so sparkly!
 After looking at the boats, we knew it was time to head over to Ghirardelli Square for some ice cream! I am my father's daughter, I absolutley LOVE ice cream! In all the trips to San Francisco I've been on, I have never gone to their ice cream parlor! It was full, but not insane like it can be at times. The ice cream was delicious!

My ice cream cone in a dish.
After we finished up our ice cream, we wandered around the Square a little bit and found Jonathan's new car! (We wish!)

Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy!
After that, we decided it was time to head home. It was a long day and we were already getting tired!

Leaving on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Sacramento skyline.
It was a fun day in the city. I can't wait to go to the Oakland Temple again!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'm wiping tears away as I type. Thank you for all the things you say and feel for grandma and grandpa. They love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...