Background

Friday, May 25, 2018

Day Seven: Venice

Unfortunately, my SD card wasn't working and I lost all my pictures on the camera from this day. It's really unfortunate because I took some really amazing ones. I told Jonathan that he now gets to take me back to Venice so I can retake them. Luckily, I still took a few pictures with my phone.

In the morning, Chris and Annie left for a quick visit to Switzerland to see Annie's host family she stayed with when she was a teenager. Andy and Amy went exploring on their own around the city. Mom and I had a slower start to our day. I had the best room in our Airbnb. It was on the top floor and had it's own bathroom and terrace. It was amazing!


Finally we ventured out and had pizza for lunch.



We then strolled along the Grand Canal and Mom got a few paintings done by local artists. It was a glorious day!


We found a place to sit down and eat our gelato with a beautiful view.


This is their garbage boat. They pick up garbage everyday.
We ended up back on the terrace and read our books. 


We met up with Amy and Andy for dinner. We found a local restaurant and I had the best pesto pasta. After dinner we got a little bit lost and we kept going past a small shop that had karaoke. We eventually did find our way back to our Airbnb.


Our slow paced day was exactly what we needed. And that was day seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...