Background

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

This is probably one of my favorite holidays of the year. I love the decorations, the fresh fruit, the family time, and the fireworks. This year our celebration was really low key, and really nice.

It kind of started the day before for us because that's when the San Jose crew made it to Roseville. (Well, most of it, Andy had to stay home and work.) It was a fun day. Ryan and I played Sorry while the younger boys played around the train table. 


Ryan and Tyler took turns playing computer games.


Lyla was cute as usual.


The little boys had an ongoing sword fight. Sometimes Kyle was chasing Garrett and then Garrett would chase Kyle. Dad got in on the action too.


The highlight for me was riding bikes and scooters with Ryan and Tyler. As I was riding around I decided to try jumping off of the sidewalk like I did when I was younger and I didn't fall down! It was so much fun! It felt like I was a kid all over again.

I think Ryan's favorite part was when we had him stand back to back with his mom. He will be taller than her in just a few more years!


This year I was a slacker for decorating our apartment, but last year I went crazy at my mom's house. So I didn't feel too bad.

A simple paper star banner for our wall.

My favorite, paper fans between the kitchen and dinning area!

Jonathan had to close at work, so my parents and I went to visit him. They were looking at a getting a new dishwasher while I was checking out the cute salesman I married!



Amy and the boys came over and they played so quietly that I was convinced that they were different boys.

Our little lady liberty.

We had way too much yummy food and dessert. Jonathan got off of work in time to see the kids for a little bit before they headed off to be with Amy's family. Since it was only us four adults we decided to go watch fireworks and use our fireworks the next day when Garrett would be around. So, we headed to Encina High School to see the Cal Expo fireworks.

This was our view of the fireworks.
We set off our little fireworks on the fifth. It was simple and fun.


I cannot forget to mention the AMAZING apricot pie! My mom's neighbor bakes organic pies and used the apricots from my parent's tree to bake to wonderful pies for us. I don't even like pie, but I am quickly changing my ways!


This is one of my favorite holidays. We are so blessed to be born and raised in the United States. I am so grateful for the men and women that have sacrificed everything so we can enjoy our freedom. We are truly a blessed nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...