Background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Cannot Wait Until January!

I am hooked on Downton Abbey thanks to my mom. I have probably watched it 2 or 3 dozen times! The first season covers 1912, when the Titanic sunk, through 1914, when Britain declared war on Germany. The second season covers WWI and closes in 1920. This period of time is fascinating to me for a couple of reasons. First, I love history, but unfortunately don't know too much about this time period. Masterpiece does an amazing job with getting the costumes and sets perfect to the time period to really make it feel like you are really there. Lastly, this is the time period of when my Grandpa and Grandma Machen were born and raised in. (Sure they were raised in the United States, but I like seeing what the world was like when they were children.)


I have also been drawn into the lives of all the characters. I feel like I know them so well, almost as though they are my own friends. I love watching it with Jonathan. (Yeah, he even likes it!) I can't wait to see what will happen in season 3!

The Crawley sisters.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...