Background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Some Thoughts

I woke up early on Friday morning, and couldn't fall back to sleep. Jonathan was sound asleep next to me, and I decided to get on my phone. I saw someone refer to a shooting in Colorado and I didn't know what they were referring to. I went ahead and looked for it on the news and there it was.
A shooting in Aurora that happened during a midnight showing of the new Batman movie.

I was stunned by what I was reading. It seemed so unreal to me. That sort of thing doesn't happen in real life. People don't just go around shooting and killing random people doing everyday things.

After the initial shock, I started to think about what I would do in a situation like that. Would I think clearly or would I just freeze? Would I try to stop the person or would I be a shield for the people around me? How would I react if someone I loved had been killed?

I don't know the answers to those questions. All I know is that there is a plan laid out for us, but it is up to us to find it and then stay on it. I read an amazing blog post written by a woman that was in the theater with her two daughters discussing the idea of God being merciful if he allows senseless violence to occur. I would encourage you to read it. Heavenly Father loves us perfectly and He allows us to make decisions, even if they are bad ones. He is there for us and as soon as we turn to Him, He takes us in His arms and assists us back onto the only path that leads to him. I am so grateful that I am loved by our Heavenly Father even though I am imperfect and make dumb decisions. He is always there for us, we just need to turn to Him and work a little harder at being the person He knows we can be.

Seriously, read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...