Background

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Happy Thought Indeed!

On Saturday night, Jonathan and I went to a wedding reception. It was beautiful. The bride and groom were radiant with joy and excitement as they start their life together. There was a room full of family and friends all excited for them and reminiscing about their own wedding day.


Ours wasn't that long ago, but it almost seems like it was a lifetime ago. I realized that I have changed quite a bit this past year. It doesn't really feel like it, but I have. I love Jonathan more deeply today than I did one year ago. We've been learning more about each other and how to show that love.


I don't really believe in the concept of soul mates. It seems unreasonable to me that there is only one, single person for you and yet I can't imagine finding anyone as perfect for me as Jonathan. He truly is my better half. He helps me see myself as a woman of great worth and as a daughter of God. I am so grateful that he is mine for all of eternity. I honestly do believe that we can and will be together after this life is over because we were married in the temple of God. There is a power there that cannot be found anywhere else. I am grateful that my parents and church leaders taught me the importance of marrying in the temple throughout my childhood. I didn't understand why it was important, but I knew it was important or they wouldn't be talking about it so much. It is such a blessing for me to know that I can have my family with me forever. They may drive me crazy, but I can't imagine being truly happy without one of them.

If you want to know more about eternal families click here. I know you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...