Background

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Grandma

I am feeling particularly grateful for my Grandma Machen. There are so many things I could share about her and still barely scratch the surface of the amazing and strong woman she is.

This is by far my favorite family picture.
Last night, I was washing and pressing our temple clothing. While I was in the middle of it, I thought of how my mom and grandma would talk as grandma washed and pressed her and grandpa's temple clothing. There were points that I was really struggling with ironing and I felt like she was right there with me helping me. I was able to stay far more patient than I tend to. Grandma is never forceful or demanding. She leads with her quiet and unwavering example and I was able to feel her peaceful spirit last night.

I don't believe that any of us in the family feel like we got very many of Grandma's qualities because we're all kind of loud and a bit wild at times. The more that I think about the kind of woman she is, I start to see little by little some of her qualities in myself and other family members. They aren't particularly obvious, but they are definitely there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...