Background

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Is A Special Day

Today I am preparing for tomorrow. Tomorrow is a special day. Instead of having our normal church meetings, we are participating in the rededication of the Ogden Temple. My preparation for today is making white handkerchiefs to use during the ceremony. Jonathan and I were thinking back on all of the dedications we have seen. 

The first one was Palmyra New York. This one was built on the Smith family farm and is close to where Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.

source
Then next one was Nauvoo, Illinois. This was the second temple built by the pioneers, but was burned to the ground by a mob. It was then rebuilt and rededicated in 2002.

source
Of course the Sacramento Temple.


And now Ogden. It has undergone a major renovation. This is what it originally looked like. (Very similar to the Provo Temple.)

source
This is what it looks like today.
These ceremonies are very special. It is only after a temple is dedicated that the work can start happening in the temple. We didn't make it to Ogden up for the open house, but we will certainly make it to the temple in the coming months.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! The Ogden temple re-dedication is very special to me. I was born in Ogden and visited its grounds many times as a little girl. My mother received her Endowment there as well. I remember driving by it at least once a week a thinking about the day that I would get to go inside. Funny enough, I haven't seen it for years now, and have yet to enter it. I plan to go soon with my husband!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...