Background

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Birthday

On my actual birthday, we had our normal Sunday morning. Jonathan made us breakfast and then we went to church. I brought cupcakes for my class and they were so much more attentive during the lesson. I wonder if there is a connection there...

After church, Jonathan made us lunch and I got a few more gifts (mostly books). We went to say goodbye to Hannah while she packed for her last semester in Idaho. Luckily, she'll be coming home for a visit in May and Jonathan & I will be in Idaho in June. It works out perfectly! Then we headed over to my parents' home for a family birthday dinner. Garrett provided us all with some good laughs and damaged ear drums (the kid screams like a girl). The angel food cake my mom baked was gone in 5 minutes and it was delicious! We ended up watching Cars and Garrett would yell truck every time a big truck was on. He's such a boy! Eventually it was bed time for Garrett and the rest of us.

This was all that was left of the cake.

It was a lovely, easy going day. I had a lot of birthday wishes and I loved them all. Many contained wishes for a wonderful day or even being spoiled by Jonathan. At first I thought that there wasn't much difference from our normal Sunday routine. I was slightly disappointed, but then I thought about it some more. Jonathan did the usual: kissed me good morning, made us breakfast, helped me get things ready for my class, made us lunch while I watched Peter Pan, joked around with me, visited with family, read scriptures with me, and talked about our future. The only way I can tell it was my birthday is that I got presents and Jonathan let me tickle all day (best gift EVER). Jonathan spoils me every Sunday. I feel so blessed to have such a loving and generous man. That is by far the best gift a girl can have because you don't have to wait a whole year for it.

My late birthday picture from the Idaho Patterson family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...