Background

Monday, April 16, 2012

It's My Party!

And I got to plan it! It was so fun! We had the entire Nelson family over for cake and it was great! I decided to leave up our Easter decorations and added some streamers to make it feel more like a party.




I have been wanting to bake a cake from scratch for awhile, but I never had a reason to until my birthday, though Dad reminded me that you never really need a reason. It was so much better than my first layered cake. (It was totally falling apart.) This one turned out so much better (mostly because I actually let the cake cool down before I did anything else). It was so much fun to finally bake a real cake and have it look pretty too!


We had a lot of fun just sitting and talking about so many different things. I never realized just how many times Thomas, my younger brother (ok technically Jonathan's  brother, but I don't have one), had been knocked out. After awhile, Mercedes was looking a little bored, so I showed her some fun things she could play with like paper flowers, some ribbon, and a jar of coins. We are slowly becoming friends and I love it! She even gave me a hug when she left!

Christina & Adam got me the shirt and belt and
Kenzie & Taylor gave me the perfect necklace for it!

I have a lot of reading ahead of me!
It was such a lovely evening (even though there was a down pour when everyone came) with some of our favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...