Background

Friday, June 22, 2018

Father's Day

This year Father's Day was a really great day! It all started out with a great morning at church. I honestly wasn't sure about how it would be, but I was happily surprised. The focus of the speakers wasn't just about fathers, but about the worth of souls and how precious we are as individuals to our Heavenly Father. During the meeting, one of our friends was having a bit of an emergency with their toddler aged daughter and asked us to hold her baby daughter. It was a lot of fun mostly because the baby didn't really care that it wasn't her mom or dad that was holding her. It didn't last for very long, but I was glad that we were there to help out our friends.

After church was over, Jonathan took his first nap. I had to wake him up because we were cat-sitting and needed to check in on him.


He was in a surprisingly good mood when we got there and even let Jonathan pet him.


While we were there, Jonathan took his second nap.


I had to wake Jonathan for a second time for us to go home. The day before we bought peaches that were grown here in Texas. I had no idea that there were peach orchards here, but they were delicious! When we were still living in Utah, I wanted to buy locally grown peaches but I always remembered after they were already out of season. These aren't the same variety of peaches that my parent's tree is because they are smaller and have a tiny pit, but they are still delicious!


After that, Jonathan took a third nap! This time I joined him for a bit since dinner was still cooking.


While Jonathan was napping, I put my Father's Day card next to him so when he woke up he could read it.


I made one of Jonathan's favorites for dinner, Hawaiian BBQ chicken. He extra loves it because there are chunks of pineapple. It was just a nice and relaxing day. Jonathan got plenty of napping in and he was well celebrated from the cute gift of treats he got at church, to a present from my parents, and my present to him a few days late due to slow shipping.

I am so grateful to have a man like Jonathan as my husband. He works incredibly hard and he's simply a joy to be with. He is my favorite person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...