Background

Monday, June 4, 2018

I Will Follow the Prophet: Part One

For quite awhile now, I have been feeling overwhelmed by the wide variety of options I have. Now that Jonathan's done with school, I can jump back into my education. The only problem is I have so many different interests that I can't figure out what to pursue. I keep changing my mind or coming up with new ideas. Thankfully, I haven't invested any money towards any of these diverging paths. Last week, I decided to start small and just focus on getting structure in my day to day life. I drew up a basic schedule and allowed plenty of leeway if it doesn't work right from the beginning.

This weekend, I received additional help with prioritizing my time and energy. We had Stake Conference and our local leaders told us that their top two goals for each individual was first for us to feel the spirit and feel peace about what we are already doing. The second was for us to be open to the spirit to know the one thing that we need to work on as individuals and then to act on that prompting. I know what I need to work on and now I can schedule in time to focus on it.

President Russell M. Nelson and Sister Wendy W. Nelson

Last night, there was also a devotional held for the youth of the church. I don't fall into this category any more, but I still wanted to make time to watch it because I knew I could get direction all the same. President and Sister Nelson addressed topics that are universal as well as specific for 12 to 18 year olds. Towards the end, President Nelson issued an invitation to do 5 things. They are:


I plan on accepting President Nelson's invitation. I know that I will be blessed and guided as I follow the prophet. I invite you to take the time to watch the devotional. You will be guided and enlightened as you do. Like I said, there were universal messages for people of all ages imbedded in this devotional that is focused on the youth. I know that Heavenly Father wants us to be truly and deeply happy. At times that requires us to make sacrifices of things that give us superficial happiness because those things won't last forever. We all can start where we are today to do the things that will bless us and those around us for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...