Background

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Mi Familia

I am grateful for all of our wonderful ancestors and their perseverance to overcome their challenges.

I always get choked up during this song.

We haven't been to big about celebrating Halloween, though I did pull out some fake spiders and our haunted house. After watching Coco many, many times, I thought it would be cool do our own version of Dia de Los Muertos, or day of the dead.


I got out pictures of our ancestors and Jonathan helped me make paper marigolds.


I really like that there is a holiday that focuses on our ancestors and how it helps keep us connected with them. I have found strength as I have learned about my ancestors and how they kept moving forward even though life was incredibly difficult. I think this is going to be a new tradition for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...