Background

Thursday, November 21, 2019

A Big Catch Up

To start out, I am grateful I am once again healthy. I had a weird cold that was stuck in my throat. 

While I was sick, I was very grateful for Gatorade and that it didn't hurt my throat when I drank it.

I am grateful that I was sick because I regularly take for granted having a healthy body that does basically what I ask it to do. It truly is a blessing to be free from illness and I need to be a bit more aware of that.

To wrap up what I was grateful for while sick, I am very grateful to have Jonathan as my caretaker. He was sweet and made sure that I had what I needed. I feel rather spoiled when I'm sick.

I am grateful for this silly raptor sign in the computer lab I use at school. It makes me smile each time I see it. Thankfully, I'm never there when the raptors are.


I am grateful for tender mercies. Most people would call them coincidences, but they are real and provided for us by a loving Savior. Anyway, last month I took a woman from church to a doctor's appointment because she doesn't have a car. While I was in the waiting room, I looked out the window and saw a message that I needed. The graffiti says "Just Wait". I feel like that was there for me. I want things to move ahead in the way that I want it to, but whenever I pray it doesn't feel right. That message of just wait was exactly what I needed that day. I am not forgotten while I wait and it's okay that I am currently waiting. It won't last forever.


I am grateful for stormy weather. Texas provides a wide variety of weather and by far my favorite are the storms. Sometimes there's thunder and lightening and other times it's solely rain. It doesn't really matter to me!


As I was driving yesterday, I felt grateful for the magic of fall. I was driving through colorful leaves and watching how they seem to dance as the wind blows them around felt magical. I didn't get pictures since I was driving, but that might be my favorite part of fall. The beauty struck me very deeply and I can't really describe it beyond magical.


I am grateful for my marriage. It has helped me to grow in ways that I wouldn't have otherwise. I am grateful to be married to my equal. While we have different strengths and weaknesses, they balance out and we are equal. Our marriage is a wonderful refuge from the world where we can truly be our nerdy selves and enjoy each other. I am grateful that our paths crossed and that Jonathan waited patiently for me. Our marriage is a blessing as we've face tremendous trials and challenges together. The struggles that could have (and maybe should have) torn us apart have only brought us closer together. I can't wait to see where our life takes us.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...