Background

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Another Catch Up

Well, I spoke too soon because I'm sick again. So once again, I am grateful for Gatorade and that we have the Harry Potter audiobooks. (I'm already in the middle of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.)

I am grateful for the hammocks at our new apartment. After a long day of moving and unpacking, Jonathan and I would make our way down to relax on a hammock. It is amazing how comfortable they are. We had many wonderful conversations as we enjoyed the cool evening breeze. While I am grateful for the cool fall weather, I look forward to enjoying warm summer nights again.


I am grateful for new beginnings. In the middle of our move, Jonathan got a call from an old coworker that asked if he would be interested in a job with Apple. The job he described was Jonathan's dream job. Naturally, Jonathan jumped at the opportunity. He is happily learning and coding his days away.


I am grateful for our wedding presents. We've been married for almost a decade now and there are many presents that I frequently use and I remember who gave them to us. It is so moving that so many helped us get started. Between colds, Jonathan and I finally put cookies into the cookie jar that his sister, Hannah, gave to us. We were so excited that we took a picture and sent it to her. We previously used the cookie jar as a kitchen utensil holder, but now we can use it as a cookie jar!


I am grateful for temples. They are so much more than just pretty buildings and nicely furnished rooms. In the temple, I feel closer to God and Jesus Christ. I get a glimpse of the woman that they know me to be. I can take my struggles and pains with me and while they don't disappear, I see the situation more clearly and I am strengthened to continue forward. The temple is truly God's house and I am so grateful that He lets His children visit His spirit there.


I am grateful for our new neighbors. Instead of hearing the thumping bass line from the clubs, we are now hearing mooing. It's a big change, but we are getting used to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...