Background

Friday, October 19, 2018

Life Lately

It's been quite some time since the last time I really posted here and now that October is almost over I might as well do one big catch up post!

During a rather stormy afternoon, I made a beetle friend.


We headed to South Congress in Austin and on the way there drove past the Capitol building.


While hanging out in South Congress, we found Allens Boots so we know where to buy real cowboy boots when we are ready.



We actually went to a movie. Super weird for us even though there is a movie theater in our neighborhood. We saw Operation Finale and we both enjoyed it.


Jonathan got a bike to commute to work which was stolen less than a month later. BOO!


I dug out this old gem to welcome Tyler into the broken arm club.


One thing we both love about Austin is the amazing clouds that roll through.


After months of being home from Europe, I finally took Jonathan to Whole Foods to recreate our typical breakfast on the trip. The gouda was cut a bit thicker than what we had in Amsterdam, but otherwise it was almost exactly the same.


We celebrated our first year in Texas with Texas-shape sugar cookies. This was my first time baking sugar cookies and it will certainly not be my last! Here's the recipe I used if you want to try it.


My cousin David came out on what I am now calling his annual visit to Austin. He came over and we hung out for a few hours and then went out for dinner. The next evening we went to Top Golf with some of his friends that also live in Austin. It's now our turn to visit him in San Luis Obispo!


A couple of weeks ago, we tried a pizza place in our neighborhood and stumbled upon Wednesday night poker. Oh Texas, I love you!


We watched General Conference with the missionaries. They came prepared with notebooks and blankets. A few days before General Conference, Amy asked if we had any traditions other than watching it. After seven years together you would think we'd have a few traditions, but we don't! So a potential tradition that we started was getting donuts. We went to a nearby donut shop called Donut 7 and they were delicious! We will definitely go back and try their breakfast tacos.


We got Jonathan a second bike since his previous one was stolen. Jonathan loves having a bike and actually enjoys the ride to and from work. 


While Jonathan gets his exercise riding, I have been spending a lot of time in our gym. I've added weightlifting into my exercise routine and that has made it way more enjoyable for me.


Though yesterday I totally misjudged the weather. When I left my apartment, it was a misty sprinkle so I didn't bother grabbing a jacket. A couple of hours later, it was pouring down! I added in a few extra reps so it was only a light rain by the time I left, but I still felt silly for not bringing a jacket or at least wearing my shorts with pockets. Oh well!


I am going to try to keep up with what we are up to and it helps since we already have a lot of plans that I'm excited to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...