Background

Monday, October 29, 2018

The Birthday Part I

Last week was Jonathan's birthday and I wanted to do something special since I had an amazing birthday in Florence, Italy. I started brainstorming about it a few months ago and remembered that there is a Florence, Texas! I figured it would be the next best thing.


We had lunch at the Chunky Cow Cafe & Creamery and it was delicious!


We each got dessert and they were both divine! Jonathan got the German chocolate cake and I got the blackberry cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream. Needless to say, we plan on taking trips to both Florence, Texas as well as Florence, Italy!


As we were leaving, we saw a saddled horse in the back of a trailer.


One of the main streets that goes through Florence is Patterson Avenue. Naturally, I needed to take a picture by the sign and pose like my dad. My mom said that I nailed it down to his turtle smile.


Before lunch, I did a bit of decorating around our place.


A new bakery opened just around the corner from us on Jonathan's birthday so we had to stop by and get one more dessert. It's called Bakery Lorraine. Jonathan went with the cheese danish and he was nice enough to let me have a bite since I was too full to get my own dessert. It was delicious and we will definitely be going back!


All in all it was a delicious birthday!


In a few weeks, we'll have part II of his birthday celebrations down in the Houston area!




Spiritual Enlightenment: Meek and Lowly of Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...