Background

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

It Is Yours

Back before Jonathan got his new calling at church, I kept thinking about advise my great-grandpa Machen gave to his daughter. I decided to hang it up on our letterboard. He said:


During the past month that it's been hanging there, I can see multiple ways it has applied to our life. From Jonathan learning how to do his new calling, to making and following through with short and long term goals, to simply taking care of boring everyday tasks. I am so grateful that my great-aunt included this in the family history she wrote about her parents. There are many quotes that talk about responsibility, but I love this one because it gets straight to the point about the need to follow through with the various jobs we have in life.

I've noticed lately that the Holy Ghost is teaching me through my own memories. Sometimes it's as simple as remembering this timeless advice of my great-grandpa, other times it's to have me adapt something that worked in a past situation to help me today. It is a blessing to know that when we are ready to learn, the Holy Ghost is there to teach us in a way that we can individually understand.

Spiritual Enlightenment: The Songs They Could Not Sing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...