Background

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Tender Mercies

I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord that I have experienced. The phrase "tender mercies of the Lord" comes from the Book of Mormon. In the past few months I have recognized some big ones as well as a few little things most people would consider as a coincidence. I believe that God is in each of our individual lives in a very personal way and tender mercies are evidence of that.

Source
For me, the most obvious one was the smoothness of our move here to Austin. On Wednesday, we got the call that we needed to move and the next day we were on the road. The craziest thing that happened was a bird hit the truck somewhere in the middle of Arizona. We pulled into town without a place to live and within 18 hours we signed our contract. Throughout the experience it was unreal how smooth everything went. I know that it wasn't anything that Jonathan and I did besides being ready and willing to go.


Another one was seeing rainbows as we moved from Utah back to California as well as our move to Austin. When I saw them, they reassured me that we were making the right decision. It's sometimes hard to really know what's best and they confirmed that we were on the right path for us.

Lately, I've been missing our sweet angel babies a bit more than usual. I always miss them, but I'm feeling it more acutely. A few weeks ago, I cleaned my dirty glasses and one of the smudges was a perfectly shaped tiny footprint. It had all 5 toes and I immediately though of J and E. I felt peaceful. I know that they are where they need to be and that they can feel my love for them. I felt like that was their way of showing their love for me.


I know that there are times when it is hard to find tender mercies, but they are there if we look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...