Background

Friday, July 7, 2017

Idaho Falls Temple Rededication

Jonathan and I went up to Idaho for the rededication of the Idaho Falls Temple. This is a very special temple for my family because my grandpa Machen helped build it after he came home from his mission in Tahiti. It was a wonderful weekend.

It started with Ruby not going to sleep on Friday night.


We played for most of Saturday while Chris and Annie did yard work. Ruby fell asleep before dinner.


We were able to watch the youth cultural celebration about the area and the temple. One of the songs they sang was about potatoes. It was very Idaho! Afterwards, we roasted marshmallows in the backyard.


Sunday morning, we went to the second session of the dedication. It was wonderful. I kept thinking about my grandparents and their example of temple service. My life would be bleak without the blessings of the temple. It gives me real hope for the future both for the coming years and after I die.

I can't wait to go inside the temple again!

My Elder Machen




Spiritual Enlightenment: Honorably Hold a Name and Standing - This talk helped me understand the importance of the temple for me as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...