Background

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Father

My dad loves being a teacher because he can spend most of the summer camping. He's never happier than when his is out in the woods. A scripture that perfectly describes my dad is 1 Nephi 3:15. "And my father dwelt in a tent." 

This is from his third time climbing half-dome.
Thanks to my father, I also love the outdoors. I don't get to camp very often, but I enjoy being in nature whenever I can. I love the memories I have of being at Rucker Lake. We would canoe, hike, fish (unsuccessfully), and shoot guns. Back when we lived in Citrus Heights, I was able to go on a couple of bigger hikes with the Young Women during Girls Camp. Being a leader gave me a new perspective. I understand better why my dad loves sharing the outdoors with anyone and everyone.

This is from Girls Camp in 2011.
I gave my dad a small painting for Father's Day. One of my favorite memories of camping was going down to the lake to lay down on the dock and look at all of the stars.


I am so grateful that my dad shared his love of the outdoors with me and gave me so many wonderful memories.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing this post makes me realize how much I miss being outdoors! I spent many summers camping with Girl Scouts, canoeing and kayaking, hiking, climbing...I must do something soonish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...