Background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Girls Camp 2011

Surprise, surprise I was asked to go to Girls Camp. I was told a couple of months ago that they needed people to help out especially on the hikes, so I decided that I would help. A few weeks later I saw the staff roster and I was assigned to be a level leader. Boy was I in shock! I was very worried about all the responsibilities that I would have. Thankfully I wasn't the only leader over the 3rd years. We had a great week that started out with backpacking to one of my favorite places on earth, Blue Lake. We had a lovely dinner and a warm fire to battle the cold wind. We made it safely to Treasure Mountain the following day to a camp full of girls. I forgot how wonderful Girls Camp is. The spirit is so much stronger when you can get away from all the distractions that surround us. I couldn't believe the number of times adults thought that I was one of the girls or on Junior Staff. They were surprised to hear that I was a level leader and told me that I was lucky to have such a young looking face. One of the highlights for the week was when I realized that I was a Laurel when the Big Sisters were Beehives and that we were in the Sacramento Temple Celebration together. I loved spending time with the older girls especially since we were so close in age.



Why yes, I do blend in with the girls.

Hannah's broken down car.

The girls all gathered together for a devotional.

A beautiful sunset.

Gathering around the camp fire for 'smores.

Poor Hannah rolled her ankle, so Victoria and Maddy helped her back to the car.

Paper lantern chandelier for our cabin. 

"We ain't nothin' but 3rd years..."

Getting camp news from the magic mirror.
The Priesthoods' version of the Seven Dwarfs.
I am so grateful for this experience that I had. I love the spirit of Girls Camp and look forward to going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...