Background

Monday, March 24, 2014

St. George

On our way down to visit Hannah in Vegas, we stopped off in St. George to visit the temple. This was my first time in southern Utah and I must say it has stolen my heart! I still can't get over the beautiful colors in the stone. I've seen some pictures of places around there, but they don't do the colors justice. I hope to move there some day.


I still can't get over the beautiful colors in the stone. I've seen some pictures of places around there, but they don't do the colors justice. I hope to move there some day.


The temple was amazing. So far, we've been to 5 temples and I really love this one. When you first go into the temple, it feels like it's just another temple. It's beautiful, but nothing special beyond that. Then when we were in the ordinance room, you started to get a better sense that this was a unique temple. This temple was the first one completed after the pioneers left Illinois and so there are still much of the pioneer workmanship in this building.


One of my favorite parts was the celestial room. There are windows that let in the beautiful desert sunshine in. The details in the room were in some ways overwhelming.


The thing that I remember the most is the feeling that I had in that room. I just felt an outpouring of love. I was grateful to see such a beautiful temple. I was grateful for all of the labor that went into it. I was grateful that I could be there that day to do the temple work for someone I didn't even know. I felt a much stronger connection to this sister that I went through for than I usually do. 


Temples are such wonderful places. I love the feeling that I have when I am there. Things are just more clear.

We love to see the temple!
It was such a wonderful experience to go to the temple as we started our trip to visit Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...