Background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Favorite Place in the World

For the past few days, I have been in a funk. I get into these weird moods every so often and I struggle with them for a few days. The fastest and easiest way to get out of them is to go to the temple. When I am there, I feel like the weight of the world is removed and my thoughts are raised to a higher, heavenly level. It reminds me of Isaiah 55:8-9 (thank you 4 years of seminary for helping remember this wonderful scripture)

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." 


The temple provides clarity for what is truly important. When I have my priorities straight everything else falls into place. While I was pondering about various things going on in my life today, I started to realize that I was asking the wrong question to a problem of mine. It was wrong because the answer wouldn't have helped me grow and develop. It would merely bring me peace today. I thought for a few minutes about what would the right question would be. It was so much better because I instead focused on my own weaknesses and sought to help improve them into strengths. In my heart, I still want that first question to be answered right now, but I know that with patience I will be better for waiting.

This is my second home.
I also took a peek into the room where Jonathan and I were sealed before I left. As I was standing in the door way, I could feel the spirit of the Lord pour over me. It was an amazing moment. I know that the temple truly is the house of the Lord and that He is there. I am so grateful that I live so close to the temple. It is one of the biggest blessings in my life.

Here's a video that explains more about our temples and shows the interior of them. They are incredibly beautiful and yes, they are always that clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...