Background

Friday, August 17, 2018

This Is The Life

I am a slow decorator especially when it comes to hanging up pictures. I come up with ideas and let them stew for months at a time before taking any sort of action. Well, just last week I finally hung up pictures above our bed. My original plan was going to involve a lot of pictures around our big "N", but last month I was going through a few boxes and found a print that says "This is the Life". It was perfect!


I decided to go with black and white photos because our bedding is already very colorful. I finally printed out a couple of our wedding photos. I had no problem picking out one for Jonathan and I let him pick the photo of me. Unfortunately, his first choice picture didn't crop down nicely but his second choice works incredibly well.


Our life and our marriage is by no means perfect partially because neither one of us is perfect. In spite of that, our life is wonderful because allows us room to grow as individuals as well as a couple and we still genuinely enjoy being around each other. Earlier this week I went out to breakfast with a friend and she thought that Jonathan and I were newlyweds when we first moved to Texas and she believed it because of how well we get along and how sweet we are to each other. I love hearing that. My mom still calls us the eternal newlyweds and it is my goal for us to retain that sweetness in our relationship. We've been through major and unexpected upheavals that could have broken us, but each time we held onto each other and overcame them together. That is one of the things that makes me say, "This is the life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...