Background

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Christmas was crazy, but still wonderful. I barely finished my Christmas projects by Christmas Eve dinner. (Yeah, I wouldn't make a good elf.) The highlight of the evening was Tyler's reaction to the Lego set great-grandpa Patterson got him. He was shouting and screaming with excitement. It was so funny. Then we drove over to the Nelson's and spent some time with them.

On Christmas morning Jonathan and I went to Church and then exchanged presents. I really think Jonathan's favorite gift was the air plane in his stocking. (I married an adult sized child.) Then we went to the Nelson's for more gifts. I love the wedding photo book Jonathan's mom made for us. It's so cute! Then to my parent's house. It was a little different this year because my mom was sick, but she loved hearing our reactions through the walls. Jonathan and I spent most of our time holding cute little Lyla. We also got to go and visit with the Machen's (my mom's side of the family). I love going to my Uncle Harry's house every year to see all of my aunts and uncles, especially my Uncle Mooseface.

During the rest of the week we finished getting everything ready for Taylor and Kenzie to move into the Nelson house. We did some painting and then moving day was New Year's Eve. After all the moving was done, Jonathan and I didn't want to do anything except stay home. Then we decided to go down to Old Sac and watch the fireworks at midnight. It was so much fun and I am so glad that we did that. After the fireworks finished, we decided that we want a huge firework show for our 50th wedding anniversary. It will be amazing!

                                      

Jonathan's mom got this for us!
It was our second Christmas together!

My mom made this out of my
wedding invitation. I love it!!!
Jonathan got this one for me!
I got this one for Jonathan!
                     


   Jonathan giving Lyla a bottle.     Waiting for midnight!                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...