Friday, August 4, 2017

Idaho 2017 Day 3

Jonathan was doing worse this morning, so we went to an urgent care facility. The doctor decided that it was an allergic reaction and got Jonathan set up with a steroid to help his body reset. Within a few hours, there was a marked improvement!

That afternoon, the kids played on the slip and slide. To make it even better, they added dish soap. Tyler kept sliding at least a few feet past the end of the slide.

For dinner, Jonathan made his fresh tortillas for his salsa verde enchiladas. They were a hit! Tyler was super jealous that I can have such delicious food any time I want it. He has set the bar high with delicious food and it will take me awhile to catch up with him!

After dinner, we had Family Home Evening and we talked about missions. Chris is very aware that Ryan is just a few short years away from serving a mission. My dad, Chris, and Annie shared about the process they went through before deciding to go on missions. Jonathan, Annie's brother, and his wife, Brittany, shared some of the things they learned while they were on their missions. My mom and Brittany's mom shared the blessings that are felt as their children serve missions and even though it's hard to let them go, the blessings are real. Chris asked me to share why it doesn't really matter where you go on your mission. There are people all over the world that are being prepared to be taught and it doesn't matter where you are assigned to serve, it matters that you love and reach out to everyone.

The really little ones weren't interested in hearing the stories and blessings that come from serving a mission.

The big boys did a great job of listening and answering question about what we were talking about. After we finished, we of course had more s'mores! Then we watched part of Lego Batman on the side of the house until it was time to do fireworks! Again, I didn't take pictures. Just before the movie started, Spencer woke up in the house and was crying. I went in to get him and he was alarmed that I was the one getting him. He laid back down with his eyes wide open. I was able to coax him out of the crib to join the rest of us since he wasn't going to fall back asleep. Charlotte sat on my lap for the movie and then Lyla sat on my lap for most of the fireworks. Jonathan was holding Spencer during the fireworks and he didn't make a peep!

And that was day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...