Background

Friday, December 2, 2016

Pioneer Day

For Pioneer Day, Jonathan and I visited Little Cottonwood Canyon to see where my great-great grandpa William McMillan spent some of his time.


He worked on a canal that was going to move the large blocks of stone for the Salt Lake temple from the canyon down to Salt Lake City. It ended up not working out though.


We walked around the old quarry and it was amazing to think that the trees and mountains haven't changed too much from what grandpa saw when he was there. I love feeling a connection with my ancestors. They had to face challenges that they weren't sure if they could conquer just like me. They overcame their challenges and I take strength that I can too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...