Background

Friday, December 23, 2016

One Last Lesson

As much as I love Nursery, there is one thing I struggle with. It's when the new year begins and the three year olds start going to Primary with the older children. It's hard to let them go. Last Sunday was our final week with them since Christmas is on Sunday this year. I was able to learn one more lesson from G before he starts going to Primary. 

My mom gave me a necklace a few months ago and it has a metal stamped charm that says "Hope". I wear it all of the time. As we were sitting around the table, G noticed my necklace and asked what it was. I told him it said hope. After telling him, I tucked my necklace under my shirt so it wouldn't distract him. A few minutes later, he looks up and is extremely concerned. "Where's your hope?" he asked. I pulled out my necklace and showed him that my hope was still there.

I know he meant my necklace, but I've been thinking about where my hope is. I can honestly say that my hope is anchored in Jesus Christ. His atoning sacrifice is what enables us to become clean so that we can return to the presence of God, our loving Father.
We make it back home without Him. I am grateful for His selfless act of love for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...