Background

Friday, July 17, 2015

Answers to Life's Questions

Early on in our marriage, Jonathan and I had some big decisions to make. We weren't really sure how to find the answer, so we met with our Bishop. He didn't give us the answer, but he counseled us to go to the temple because we would get our answer there. Sure enough, we got our answer. It was crystal clear and I know it didn't come from me because it wasn't the answer I wanted.

Our first temple.

"Temples are places of personal revelation. When I have been weighed down by a problem or a difficulty, I have gone to the House of the Lord with a prayer in my heart for answers. The answers have come in clear and unmistakable ways."
—Ezra Taft Benson


Our current temple.

We take just about everything to the temple. There is nothing too insignificant that Heavenly Father won't offer guidance. Jonathan regularly takes some time to ponder about his homework and typically he gets insight on something he wasn't totally understanding. There is a clarity in the temple that makes it much easier for us to recognize the answer to whatever questions we have. It truly is the House of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...