Background

Friday, February 27, 2015

Family History We Are Doing It!

Both Jonathan and I caught the spirit of Elijah bug this last summer. (Thankfully, it doesn't look like it's going away!)

Here's a short video explaining the spirit of Elijah.


As we started out, it looked differently for each of us. I am blessed to be a third generation member of the church on my dad's side of the family. That means I have a lot of ancestors that need to go to the temple.


I feel responsible to make sure my family members get to the temple in a timely manner after I find them. They are the real reason I make it to the temple every week. There have been Saturday mornings that I am wide awake at 7am and I am in no way a morning person. They will not let me forget or get too busy to make it to the temple. Our ancestors are still very much alive, even without their bodies. 


Jonathan is blessed with pioneer heritage on both sides of his family. He has been doing more research about his great-great-great-great grandfather Anson Call. As he was looking at more information, he found the address to the house he built after settling in Utah.


Jonathan was curious to see what was there now. He pulled on Google Street View and it was a "newer" (but still old) house. He clicked further down the block and there was a really old house. It turns out that Anson's house was still there in Bountiful well over 100 years later!






It was such a neat experience for us to go and see the amazing workmanship Anson put into his home. I'll share some of our more recent Family History adventures another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...