Background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Wonderful Memory

I was working on a few Valentine's Day crafts this morning. They are brand new things that I've never tried before and I must say that they are turning out really well! They aren't quite done, so I'll wait to share them.

This may or may not be a clue to what I'm working on...
As I was working on them, my mind started wandering. I was thinking that about 12 hours before I was sitting in the exact same spot working on Physics homework. I felt a wave of gratitude for having a mind that gets just as much enjoyment out of learning Physics as making cute craft projects. There was a time when I was convinced that I was not capable of making things. I appreciated them, but I didn't feel like I could do it myself. That led me to focus in on my science and music classes. I knew that I could develop myself in those ways. That all changed 3 years ago.

The Single's Ward I was in had a Relief Society retreat and we ended up having crafts as a part of it. I wasn't terribly excited for that part simply because I knew that I wasn't good at making crafts (or so I thought). Sister Brock brought some framed magnetic boards, wooden frames, and cute paper to decorate with. I started out with the wooden frame because it was little and not so intimidating for a non-crafty person. After awhile, Sister Brock was showing someone else how to mod podge the large framed magnet board. She convinced me to try it even though I kept telling her I wasn't crafty. So, I started looking through the paper and being crafty. I could not believe that not only was I being crafty, but it also looked so good!

My very first craft!
(I am redoing it that is why a lot of the paper is ripped off).
I am so grateful that Sister Brock pushed me to try something that I was convinced that I couldn't do. I have had so much fun during the past three years making crafts of my own. I am also grateful that I live in a time where I can be educated and yet still make time to be creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...