Background

Friday, March 29, 2019

Join Me!

Next weekend is the 189th General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

source
I am grateful that every 6 months we gather together as an entire church and receive counsel from our leaders. Since there are millions of members throughout the entire world, we don't physically meet together. Instead our normal Sunday meetings are cancelled and we are invited to watch the four general sessions over the weekend in a wide variety of ways. Jonathan and I prefer to stream it live at home.

Over the past few weeks, I've been thinking about when President Russell M. Nelson came to San Antonio and we were able to hear his counsel, along with other leaders and their wives, for those of us that live in the area. It's hard not to feel valued when the prophet, who travels all over the world chooses to come to your area and talk to you.


It was a wonderful experience. President Nelson specifically asked that the girls and boys from ages 16 to 18 sit on the floor of the stadium directly in front of him. It was powerful to be with so many other people that wanted to hear the words of our prophet. One of the most powerful parts of the evening was when Sister Wendy Nelson shared her testimony of her husband's calling to be the prophet on the Earth today. She has seen and felt a distinct change in him from how he teaches to how frequently he receives revelation to appearing younger as he is speaking to a crowd. I may not see all that Sister Nelson does, but I am certain that President Russell M. Nelson is the Lord's chosen prophet today. He is helping us become better disciples of Jesus Christ by seeing the good that is already there and then inviting us to be better.

I kept remembering when I was a little kid and we went to Arco Arena
when President Gordon B. Hinckley came for a similar visit.

I planning on taking this week to make sure I am prepared for General Conference next week. I am going to review some more talks and write down questions that I need answers to. I love taking notes while listening to General Conference and often find that the speaker is directly answering my questions. Here are some more ideas on how to prepare for General Conference.

source

I truly hope you will join me. It is a lot of time, but even if you can only spare a few minutes to listen you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...