Background

Friday, March 4, 2016

Another Year

Last week we celebrated the birthday of our family!



“The day that a couple kneel across the altar in the sacred House of the Lord becomes the most important day of their life because on that day you create a new eternal family.”
President Gordon B. Hinckley



Since it was Friday, I went to work as usual and didn't expect anything out of the ordinary. Well, after lunch a man came walking towards my desk in a suit and my favorite tie with flowers. Jonathan totally surprised me! He had been planning on delivering flowers for a few days and had a hard time not telling me. All the girls that I sit by thought it was adorable.


That same night we went to the temple and did the sealings for some of our family. As we were in the sealing room, I felt the same excitement doing the sealings for our family as I did when Jonathan and I were sealed. It was beautiful.

On Saturday, we went to dinner after finishing our shift at the temple. This time I surprised Jonathan. Earlier in the week, I talked him out of going to Tucanos for our anniversary dinner. After he surprised me with flowers, I decided to surprise him with an amazing dinner! He was very happy with my surprise.

It doesn't feel like it's been 5 years since we were married, but we've been through a lot during that time. Having Jonathan by my side through it all has made the hard times more bearable and the good times even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...