Background

Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

On Saturday, Jonathan went to a Big Data Conference in Salt Lake. While he was nerding out, I explored Temple Square and enjoyed the spring weather.

I took a tour of the Conference Center. (Don't worry Mom, I didn't get lost this time!)


Everything was so green and lush. I've really missed this.


The flowers smelled heavenly as I walked around. I love all of the tulips, dafodills, poppies, and English buttons. I told Jonathan when we grow up and have a house we will have all of these wonderful flowers.


You can't see it, but there were people EVERYWHERE! I can't blame them. It was a gorgeous spring day.


 I am so grateful that it's spring!


When I saw the ducks, I thought of Jonathan's brother Thomas. He likes to go duck hunting. These ducks were lucky he wasn't around.


After Jonathan finished up, we did a session in the temple. This was my first time ever in the Salt Lake temple. Jonathan can tell you that I was giddy to be there. It is such a unique experience in this temple because it is live. In the vast majority of temples, there is a combination of video and audio instruction. The video was just recently updated and is amazing, but there is just something about being in a live session. I can't find the words to describe it.

Jonathan was sitting next to a man and shared that it was his first time at a live session. The man said that he almost always goes to a live session and that he hasn't even seen the new movie. He wished he lived closer to a temple that had the video. When Jonathan told me I couldn't believe my ears. From our apartment in Orem to Salt Lake, we pass by 5 temples in the 40 minute drive. Apparently that's just too far away!

Anyway, it was a wonderful experience. I can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! The live experience is so much fun- glad you got a chance to go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...